Attentive Teledentistry in San Francisco
Have you ever needed to visit the dentist but been unable to go in person? Whether it's because you have a hectic schedule or you're far from home, various factors can force you to put off addressing your oral health. At the dental practice of Steven Baldwin, D.D.S. and Cynthia Scipioni, D.D.S., we offer skilled and communicative teledentistry to San Francisco, Berkeley, and their surrounding areas.
Our close-knit and experienced husband and wife team brings a commitment to excellence to each appointment. We can begin seeing patients as soon as two years old. If you're looking for a way to speak to our knowledgeable and compassionate dentists, teledentistry may be the perfect solution for you. Call us today to learn more!
CONTACT OUR OFFICES REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry uses audio and visual technology to connect you with dental services remotely. It allows you to receive professional insight, diagnoses, and patient education from the comfort of your own home. Teledentistry can be crucial for individuals with mobility issues or those with busy schedules. Some of the benefits of teledentistry include:
- Helping limit your time in the exam chair
- Preventing unnecessary dental visits if your problem isn't serious
- Getting a valuable second opinion on dental work
How You Can Reach Our Dentists
A critical aspect of our San Francisco teledentistry services is the various ways in which we can connect with you. Our dentists understand that our patients may not have access to certain forms of technology. That's why we offer teledentistry through various mediums.
- Phone Calls: Phone calls are a basic yet effective form of communication that allows our dentists to connect with you on a one-on-one level. Listing your observations or specific forms of discomfort can create a mental image for Dr. Baldwin and Dr. Scipioni. For example, if you describe facial swelling and a severe toothache, these symptoms may be signs of a tooth infection.
- FaceTime & Zoom Calls: An excellent way for our dentists to view your smile is through Zoom calls or FaceTime. Not only are you able to connect with us face-to-face, but you can also show us real-time images of your teeth, gums, and jaws. This medium also allows Dr. Baldwin and Dr. Scipioni to demonstrate at-home care instructions interactively.
- Photos: Taking photos of your teeth allows our dentists to study your oral health in greater detail. For example, photos can help us spot features of your teeth, gums, and jaws that could be easy to overlook. Photos also let our dentists compare images of your teeth with existing examples of dental ailments.
Helping Make Sense of Your Oral Health
It can be confusing and overwhelming trying to understand an oral health issue without a dental appointment. Our San Francisco teledentistry services provide an efficient and accessible way to receive professional insight into your oral health without the hassle of visiting the dental office. Our dentists are passionate about providing you with the knowledge and insight to clear up any uncertainties about your smile. Additionally, you can ask our dentists as many questions as you'd like.
It's normal to have questions about teledentistry. We work hard to answer your inquiries in detail. Some commonly asked questions include:
Yes. If our dentists think medication is necessary, they can write you a prescription for medication.
No. We can provide you with teledentistry in the comfort of your own home, on vacation in another country, or even in a parking lot.
Teledentistry is relatively simple, as all you need is a phone. However, an internet connection allows you to interact with us if you have a computer or laptop.
Compassionate San Francisco Teledentistry
Teledentistry offers you an excellent way to speak to a knowledgeable and compassionate dentist without having to visit a dental office. At the practice of Steven Baldwin, D.D.S. and Cynthia Scipioni, D.D.S., we're proud to provide skilled teledentistry to San Francisco and Berkley residents.
We're attentive listeners, and we take the time to understand your needs and specifically address your oral health concerns. In addition to our teledentistry services, we can aid with dental emergencies and accommodate afterh-ours appointments. Call our office today to schedule your next appointment!
CONTACT OUR OFFICES REQUEST APPOINTMENT